Our Group Puppy Training Classes are designed to benefit the social development of your puppy while enhancing their bond with you. In class puppy parents will learn to develop happy, mannerly, well-socialized adult dogs and to make the most of their pup’s potential. Our training approach is dog friendly, gentle, effective, enjoyable, and designed to be mastered by all members of the family, kids included.
The goals of our puppy group training are as follows:
1) Increase your puppy’s confidence and calmness by exposing them to new objects, sounds and experiences.
2) Teach you and your puppy basic obedience behaviors and how to handle common, unwanted puppy behaviors.
3) Socialize your puppy using structured, off-leash play time with the other puppies in the class.
Puppy training is divided into two parts to meet your puppy behavior goals most effectively.
4-Week Puppy – Part 1:
- For puppies 10-20 weeks (2-1/2 – 5 months) of age
- You will learn obedience skills like:
- Sit, down, stay, come when called and on-leash manners.
- Additional topics covered:
- House training, nipping, jumping on people, excessive barking, and impulse control.
4-Week Puppy – Part 2:
- For puppies under 40 weeks (10 months) of age and have graduated Puppy Part 1 OR have done private-training with us.
- You will learn advanced skills like:
- Stay, come when called, leave it, look, and leash manners with more reliability in the midst of increased distractions.
Important Class Info:
Puppies MUST have two shots of Distemper/Parvo vaccine and negative fecal test w/Giardi10